The family of Michael Oyedokun, the schoolteacher abducted and later beheaded by terrorists in Oyo State, has appealed to Nigerians to stop circulating the graphic videos and images showing his killing, describing the repeated sharing of the footage as deeply traumatic and emotionally devastating.
Speaking through a statement amid the family’s grief, a relative of the deceased, Ebeni Adediran, said the disturbing clips continue to reopen emotional wounds for Oyedokun’s loved ones.
“We truly appreciate the love, concern, and sympathy shown towards our family during this painful time. However, the continuous circulation of those videos and images is deeply traumatizing for us as a family.
“His loved ones and all of us, his nieces, nephews, cousins and relatives, have been emotionally devastated, especially as these contents keep appearing on social media.”
Oyedokun was among teachers and pupils abducted from Community High School, Ahoro-Esiele, during a terrorist attack on Friday, May 15. Days after the abduction, the attackers released a disturbing video showing his decapitated body.
The family described his death as a heartbreaking and irreplaceable loss, revealing that the late teacher died without having a child despite being married for more than a decade.
Adediran said Oyedokun was a peaceful and humble man who dedicated over 20 years of his life to teaching and impacting young lives.
“He was a good man in our family and this is why his death is a big loss to us, an irreplaceable loss. His death is painful. We can’t even describe his death. And the most painful part is that he did not leave any child behind.
“He had a wife but they did not have any child. They had been married for more than 10 years and despite all their efforts, no child came out of the marriage. And now the same man has died and there is no child to continue his lineage.”




































